My husband likes to tease me profusely (and lovingly) about my decision making skills….or lack thereof. He finds it immensely amusing to give me a number of options – or none at all – and watch me flounder in a sea of indecisiveness and confusion.
* A common conversation heard around these parts:
“What shall we do this weekend?”
“Um….I’ll have a think.”
“Sooo, what are we doing this weekend?”
“Um, I’m not sure. What do you want to do?”
* A common occurrence when we’re travelling:
“Where do you want to eat?”
(Me, wailing) “I just don’t knooooooow!”
“Just choose somewhere. They all look about the same.”
“I know. I just…don’t know.”
Well, dear husband, no more! This month is going to be aaaaaall about snappy, profound, spur-of-the-moment decisions. Made by me.
Yeah, that’s right. Me. Mrs I’m-Not-Too-Bothered-Either-Way-What-Do-You-Think? ME.
I’m going to:
- make decisions based on what I want, not what other people want (or what I think they want);
- learn to say a simple “yes”: stop over-thinking and just start doing; and
- stop saying “I wish I could…”: I’m going to make things happen!
Starting right now, by deciding that we’re going out for a coffee tomorrow after the Farmers’ Market, whether you like it or not!
If that’s okay with you, honey?)