* Tiny’s singing…and while he’s got a long way to go before he’ll be joining any choirs, his enthusiasm is boundless. My favourite from his repertoire is:
“Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna chew? Whatcha gonna chew when they come for you?” – nope, we haven’t been watching ‘Cops’…it’s an ad on the telly for Extra chewing gum!
but he also does a pretty good rendition of ‘Mrs Bunny‘ and nails his A-B-Cs. And last night, we made Daddy’s day by singing, “I love my daddy ’cause he’s so cool” (to the tune of ‘Mrs Bunny’).
* beautiful, tiny aubergines:
* this awesome and super-easy and quick zucchini and chorizo soup – two bowls each for my veggie-avoiding son and meat-lovin’ husband! NOT, however, loving that of the seven courgettes I bought from our local Pak’n Save on Wednesday, two were completely rotten on the inside, and another one was only half okay. Grrrr, Pak’n Save, grrrr!
* an impromptu lunch date with my son, during which he was mostly very well-behaved and only dipped his fingers in the tomato sauce once.
* coming to terms with the fact that getting Tiny to go to sleep at a reasonable hour at nighttime means no more daytime nap. We all struggled on the first day (Tiny threw a massive tantrum that lasted for 15 minutes, and I cried into the spaghetti-and-meatballs I was making for dinner), but I’ve accepted that my two hours of daytime peace and quiet had to be sacrificed for a nicer evening for us all, and Tiny doesn’t seem too grouchy in the afternoons.
* Anzac biscuits, and an eager helper who had a ball stirring the mixture and licking the golden syrup spoon.
* my little crop of tomatoes – April was a good ripening month!
* little boys who draw circles and are still dominantly south-pawed:
Linking up over at Kristy’s place