Pregnancy -related or not, these are just some of the random revelations that have been swirling through my brain this week.
* Cold homemade pizza ROCKS. Re-heated pizza just isn’t the same, whether you use the microwave, a pan or the oven. I’m keeping a mental list of all the things I plan on eating very soon after Pickle arrives, and you can be assured that cold pizza is right up there along with blue cheese, smoked salmon bagels and shellfish. And suuuuuushi.
* Last week, my lovely husband instructed me to sit and relax while he changed the sheets on our bed (probably because I’d been moaning about how it takes me twice as long to do it with a bump in tow). Two days later, I noticed that the fitted sheet had been put on inside-out, bless him. (I resisted the urge to re-make the bed, in case you were wondering.)
* Pickle’s still got about 14 weeks worth of growing to do, but he’s already signed up to be a guinea pig for a research project into Vitamin D and breastfeeding. Having been involved in research at university during my studies, I know how difficult it can be to find participants, so am more than willing to help out where I can. My poor children don’t really get say in the matter right now!
* Since buying a pack of Gaviscon tablets to combat my heartburn, I haven’t needed them. Bit like getting my last prescription filled for Ondansetron, and the morning sickness suddenly ceasing. Coincidence? Maybe. Going to try it for anything else that crops up this pregnancy? Heck yeah!
* It was okay that the end of Daylight Savings meant Tiny woke at 5.30am the first morning. It was not okay that I left the pantry door open and he got in to my precious jar of Marmite. Let’s just say that I had to laugh or I was going to cry, and that it took a good lot of soap to get rid of the smell from his hands, legs and face.
* Have you heard about Unfolding Hope? Please check out their website, and if you can spare a little (or a lot!), click that ‘donate’ button.
* Lindt milk chocolate Easter eggs are heaven in a shiny red wrapper. Seriously, if you haven’t tried one, TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER, GRAB YOUR KEYS, AND GET YOURSELF TO YOUR NEAREST SUPERMARKET NOW.
Happy Easter, folks! May you enjoy spending time with your family, indulging in chocolate and hot cross buns, and reveling in what Easter means to you xx