Well helloooo there! Welcome, haere mai, willkommen, bienvenida, bienvenue! Come on in, take off your coat, sit down, make yourself comfortable. It’s a pleasure having you here. I’m so glad you’ve arrived.
I thought I’d start off by telling you 10 important things you should know about me before we begin this relationship. Things that define me, and go a little way to explaining who I am and why I’m here. They’ll be recurring themes, I’m sure:
1. I am obsessed with food. Consumed, infatuated, bewitched, preoccupied, OBSESSED with food.
2. I never wanted to be defined by my status as a mum, but now I realise that it is who I am and I’m proud of it;
3. I have loads and loads of crafty ideas running through my head, but am often disappointed with my execution of them;
4. I reckon my son and my husband are the most hilarious boys on the planet;
5. I have a celebrity crush on chef Michel Roux Jr. Those chocolate fondant eyes…mm-mmmm;
6. Friends and strangers alike find the size of my feet a source of constant amusement. Yes, I am trying on the same size shoes as your 9 year old daughter. No, I don’t overbalance. Two words: sale heaven;
7. I am an eternal optimist, much to the chagrin of those close to me. Apparently seeing the positives in everything can be really annoying;
8. I wish I could go to my yoga class more than once a week, and that I could motivate myself to practise more at home;
9. I simply MUST own any novel I enjoy, and I NEVER give books away. I lend them to people – I’m all about sharing the book love – but I always want them back;
10. I’ve done my fair share of travelling and am happy to have settled down with my boys, but I get REALLY itchy little feet sometimes;
11. I don’t like even numbers.